How much?

N

nina

how much are you suposed to feed them, do you just feed them till they stop eating or just a cirtain amount???
angel.gif
i havent got any yet but ive been reasearching but no one ses how much to feed them!
angry.gif

i only feed mine 1 worm each once a day. some people say 2-3 times a week. If your feeding them pellets i would say to keep giving them pellets until they ignor them. do this once a day.

hope i helped.

NO dont!!! stipe i have seen you give bad info quite a few times on here and its concerning me, it might lead others to undue damage to their pets. axolotls are oppertunist eaters, meaning they will eat as much as they can just incase they dont get fed again, which often leads to people over feeding them. also their metabolism is rather slow, taking about 3-5 days to digest their food, which means if you over feed the food can start to rot in their gut. every 2-3 days is sufficent for feeding adults and maybe every second day for juvies. maybe a 5cm worm every few days or about 10 or so 5mm pellets, its quite hard to give an exact amount on the net, can only be shown really lol.

wow hold on sharn. my axies get one worm a day and they dotn want anymore they just refuse. so theres no chance of me over feeding them. for the pellets mine only eat 2 pellets and dont acept any more3 so thas 2 a day which eaquals 10 a week thats wayt u said isnt it.

ill take them both in mind seeing as i cant argue.
when my cycling is done ill just see how they react to what both of you say
happy.gif

ill probly see wich works best coz theyre all different and used to different things... just like peeps!
thanks frum both of you!!!

Stipe, remember that your axolotls are different from other axolotls. Most axolotls will not refuse food until they literally cannot fit any more in (and usually then they vomit bolus). If you feed your axolotl like this on a daily basis, you will have problems. Bloat, gas buildup, bolus, it won't be pretty. Feeding every other day, 2-3 days, 3 times a week, etc. is the recommended schedule for adult axolotls. Less frequent when it's cold, as they can't digest as fast.

I feed my huge adult one large worm every other day.

There is a picture of the size of worm in the Axie Gallery under "Dinner Time".

This will only help if you get an adult though lol

my guys are still little, 15cm. wwhen they get gigger i'll start feeding them 2-3 times a week.

so when theyre little... evry day
and when theyre big ... 1 evry 3 days...
GOTCHA!!!
wink.gif

thats wat i do for mine, but as joan said that everyones diff. just try not to over feed them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back