Is it bad to use too much water treatment and conditioner?

S

shane

I dont totally understand how fast the dechlorinators and water conditioner type things work. but i was wondering is it bad to use too much? i do what the directions say 2 drops per litre, but my local water ha alot of chlorine. you can taste it when you're drinking it. so i was thinking of using a little more i dont want the chlorine to hurt my axolotl but i also dont want to use too much water treatment if its going to harm my axolotl... anyone got any ideas?

Sometimes I add too much when it comes to adding water conditioner. I've never had a problem with this.

Not sure what exactly is in the stuff though.

I have always used an extra 50% to what the instructions say I use wardley tri start and haven't had any problems.

A good way to make sure it all gets mixed well is to add the measured dechlorinator to an ice cream bucket or milk jug, then add the water. The movement of the water will mix it all about. Mine requires 5mL/10 gallons (if that's not american science, I don't know what is!), and that's just under a capful. So I usually add 3 or 4 drops (2 drops/mL).

I use a bit more then suggested on the bottle. The guy at my fish shop breed's axies and he said using more then stated is not harmful.

of course if use a hole bottle it could
be harmful but not to harmful it dose
make the water more alkaline well my one
does (if I put to much in) but as everyone
else said a little bit more is probably better.
I don’t think that the makers of the
product would make it that strong
anyway

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back