Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What is your axies diet?

G

grant

Ok, my axie will be coming pretty soon and I wanna make sure I get a good diet for him. I hear variety is very important for any axie so this is ABOUT what my axies diet will be: Mainly cut up earthworms, occasional frozen bloodworms, and I was thinking maybe some type of live fish (not guppies, I heard rosy red minows) about once a month or so. Well what else should I include in it's diet? And, what is your axies diet?

J

joan

Axe the fish. Add butterworms, waxworms, soft sinking pellets, occasional beef heart/beef liver, etc.

E

elisheba

fish are ok if you breed them yourself from healthy stock, but this isn't worth it for most hobbyists with only a couple of axos.

C

claire

my college gives pinkies as a treat and also mealworms. these are only as treats though esp mealworms as they are high in fats/oils and can damage the liver.
my axies diet just consists of earthworms. might get some pinkies for them to see if they like them.

S

sharon

Grant if you have another fishtank - dropping a dozen guppies in there will keep your axolotls fed w/occasional live foods. Every now and again, my tropical tank gets over run with guppies and I pitch a few into the axolotl tank.

My fish tank has NEVER had any kind of medication in it. Meds can linger and seep out of silk plants and gravel - so thats important. Of course the amount of seepage affecting the guppies and then affecting the axolotls might be about nil. Just a thought.

sharon

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!