Jarred! Frog tank piccies!

L

leah

Sorry to take so long getting these out to you- we just moved to a new house and I changed the tank around while I had it all dismantled. Some of the pictures are a bit dark, because the flash died on me while I was taking them. Here it is as it looks now, 50 gallon tank with two White's tree frogs:

33914.jpg

33915.jpg

33916.jpg

33917.jpg

Here's the low-lying centre bit as it was before- I changed it because I felt the water was too deep. When I first put it together, I hadn't settled on tree frogs or a terrestrial species. As much as Little Eli loves to soak in the water, he's really not a great swimmer! The left and right sides of the tank are basically unchanged (which is good, because I don't have any "before" photos of them!)

33918.jpg

33919.jpg

In the new setup, I still need to add some more baby's tears and river rocks, as well as their water dish. I've scattered some grass seed about, so hopefully that will start to grow too! For now, the froggies are stuck in their plastic bin. I think they like it because they don't have to look very hard for their crickets...
happy.gif

(Thought I'd post this here because I know you'll see it! Hotmail was taking too long to upload the attachments! Sorry to everyone else, I know it's not axie related..
uhoh.gif
)

While I'm posting non-axie stuff here... This is "Native" the brown tree frog (Litoria ewingi.) I just thought it was a nice shot- one of the few times I've been able to catch him with the camera at night!

33920.jpg

What a cute little frog. I love the sitting on water lettuce picture.

VERY Nice Leah!

I didnt know there were frogs that weren't great swimmers! :D

Haven't seen you around in a while Jarred, but here's another pic of the frog tank if you're still looking for ideas. The grass seeds I planted have sprouted, and it's almost time to give it a cut!

34872.jpg

Hey, Leah. I haven't been around for a while, been moving house and stuff so I've been busy. Thanks for the photos, your tank looks great. I don't think I'll try setting up a frog tank for a while though.
sad.gif
I wanted to but first I am going to get a big 4ft axie tank set up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back