At Last its done!

K

kim

Ive had this tank cycling for about 5 weeks now, and last week was the time to move the axies from there old tank to there new one..

I went to the DIY store, and got a guttering corner, which in the photos you will see is on the left hand side..

Jynx was been slightly pohto shy but I got a few of her, Kish (wildtype) is hanging about in the plants as normal this evening... And my newest baby Milky Bar (golden) just thought she'd stick her head out and say hi..

Let me know what you think of it.. any any other ideas of what I can do :D.. Oh and do you like the little plant pots I got :D

Full front
31773.jpg

31774.jpg

Right hand side

31775.jpg

Left side

31776.jpg

Thanks!

/me is dragged screaming and kicking into the axolotl section

Cute little set-up Kim!

Kim - love the new tank! I really like the caves. What is the one covered with black rocks made from?

It makes me want to do a tank make over at my house.

Thanks Pin-pin, Alan and Cynthia...

Alan, would u believe it i actually have 3 axies in there!

Cynithia.. the tunnel on the left is a elbow or a corner of guttering.. i had some black pebbles and silcon so i stuck them on and made a planting space a the back.. took some time, well worth it tho.. they love it!

love it i will be changing my tank over again soon cant wait lol

that set up is brilliant! and i love those little pots.they are so cute! anything that is a miniture of normal size is cute.like with axies when they have grown all legs.but axies stay cute even at normal size!lol im blabbering now!

Hey great setup Kim. I like the pipe with the rocks siliconed on, I am planning on doing something similar when I get my new tank. The background picture is good too, it's not like those really fake ones you see around. Good job all round.

Thanks peeps,

Claire the pots only cost me 20p each.. what a bargin!

Jarred,
It took a long time to do! and very hard to stop the sand falling out of the sides!.

I was well impressed with the background too.. only cost me £1 which is 2.44804 AUD Australia Dollars.

They all seem ok and are eating well!

That's a gorgeous tank. I'm jealous! All my axo tank consists of is plain old gravel, a terracotta pot and a small ornament of a turtle. I wish i had the patience to make an awesome display like that.

Thanks Amy,

The tank is now in my front room... So its got to look nice :D

wow that really is a bargain kim! where did you get them from? i got my large pot from ikea and it cost £4 something!flipping rip off cause it didnt have a price on! was i shock when i got to the counter and paid for it! and i thought ikea was supposed to be cheap!

wish my tank was as good as yours kim.here's 2 pics of mine. they dont show all of the tank so it kind of looks smaller than it actually is.lol.
31800.jpg
31801.jpg

Its very nice Claire, I got the little pots from a shop called Frosts Garden Centre. The large pot has bill and ben the flower pot men on one side! that came from tescos for 50p they were selling them off!

Just look out for bargin buckets in garden centres.. theres always something!

I also have some slate table mats im going to cut up and make a shelf somewhere, as the axies are always normally sat in the highest points.. they only cost me £1.89 for tescos too :D

thanks kim.

ooo im going to my nearest garden centres and going 2 look for little pots like that!lol.

well i have to agree with Pin Pin here, me in the axie section is as rare as caecilians with legs. but what a great tank set up! you should be very proud of yourself. if it was my tank though i would have added a few more plants, but mind you i do like to have a jungle in my tanks.
great set up!

The plants are coming! I couldnt afford too many when i set it up, but a kind friend is sending me some in a couple of months.. bloody shops with rip off prices! and they are only cuttings!

Kim - I blame you for what is about to happen lol

My silicone aquarium sealant was delivered today and now I am going to attempt to decor my axolotls caves with aquarium gravel. If I don't make anything else... I am sure I will at least make a mess
happy.gif

Ha ha... Go Cynthia!

Be careful when stacking the pebbles.. if they fall over they make alot of mess! As i found out woops!

My axies love there tunnel... at least one if not all 3 of them are in it at once!

I hope for some pictures once yours is complete!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back