Your axie names

L

luke

i was wondering wat everyone has named their axololts. Mines name is Shifter. He is golden albino. What is everyone elses

Spyyk is a female Leucistic, in my avatar
happy.gif

Everyone wanted to call her "Fluffy" - but I thought that was a bit pants, and just a bit passe.

So I went the other end of the spectrum, with a twist.

Her full name is Spyyk Lotuss Spangles - Spyyk as above, Lotuss for her petal shaped tail with blue shimmer and Spangles out of habit - I tend to call "I'm home Spangles" as a pet name.

(and yes, I know I spelt Lotuss with two S's - did it on purpose as it looks more balanced.
happy.gif
)

How about that - a pet name for a pet!

(Message edited by indigobluefish on October 18, 2006)

dark one=Bakunawa
leutisic=Diwata

I was going to name the leu Mayari but if i put a Mayari in a tank with a Bakunawa, it might be bad luck. I mean Mayari is a moon Diwata and the Bakunawa's legend has to deal with eating the moon. o_O

I love mythology! Well at our house we have a mini interactive arts/animation company that focuses on mythology, so its no surprise. Currently some of our projects are from Filipino myths/legends.

I usualy just call them axolotl and baby axolotl tho.
My newt has the best name tho= Patchysaurus Rex also know as "The Newtington".

my current axies names are
huge wild =nossy because he`s nosy
wild = dragon because he looks like a dragon comming out of his cave
small wild = shadow because he was a shadow of a axie when i first got him
smaller wild = has yet to tell me his name (is a little shy)
huge leutisic =thumbs has extra thumbs on both his hands
huge leutisic =tickels he loves the tickel of the airstone
huge leutisic =hunter hunts my poor corydoras non stop (until now with absolutely no luck)
leutisic =stalker stalks my poor corydoras (until now with absolutely no luck)
leutisic =baby she was the smallest and looks like a baby
small leutisic =shade she was nothing but a shade of a axie when in got her
3 small leutisic these last three still wont tell me there names
deform small leutisic =shyla

deform small leutisic =shyla because she hid in there cave for a solid week

Mine are called Broccolini and Parsnip.
happy.gif
Thats Lini and snip for short.

I originally had Broccoli (brocky) who was so named cos i thought her gills looked like stalks of broccoli, but she died from a bacterial infection
sad.gif
, caused by another, cauliflower, who i then couldnt keep as i had to scrub the tank. It kinda lead from there.

My golden albino is called cracker. He was really
more wight when we got him.

my golden albino is called Gaara ^-^ HE EATS OFF THE GROUND NOW! NO MORE CONSTANT PELLET DROPPING! WOOHOO!

Mine are called AXO, JULIO (sounds like hool-io) and NIBBLES. I always have trouble choosing pet names!

My axies names are:
Hermes - after the greek messenger god (leucistic, in photo)
and Athena (olive wild) - after the greek goddess of wisdom, had to carry on the greek god tradition!! (Hope she's female, I wanna breed them!)

My axie that passed away was called Aristotle, or Ari (like Harry) for short.

All my pets have odd names - I would list them, but there is about 40 different ones...

Mine are called Carlito after the mexican wrestler because he's really strong and axies are mexican, and Xannon which means ancient god (can't remember what language that's in) and fits it to a T!

My axies are Poncho, who is a golden albino (obvious Mexican link) and Heathcliff, a melanoid, named after the lovable villain in my fave book Wuthering Heights
lol.gif

Soon i am going to get a black female axie and call her jasmine. Do you guys think that is a good name. He is going to be Shifters girlfriend lol

I have no axies...the search continues!!
however, I have a taricha granulosa, his name is flip because one of his middle toes was cropped when i got him, it comes from "flipping the bird", thought it was cute(its grown back now though)...I also have a pachytriton labiatus named the snout...he looks like a little pig. I had a firebelly named billy corgan for about two years, I named him that because he had a big head. and sadly he passed away, i think of him often though....
great creativity with the names everyone! love reading everyones pet names!

Mines called Patsy, got the name from patsy cline and the drunken old bag from absolutely fabulous :D

shes a golden albino!

Wattle, even tho its a boy and watt for short which is really what we call him. we called him wattle cos we used a black wattle beer to cool his water as it was the only cold drinks we had. also his tone looks like wattle

My axies names are:
wild one: Dr Jeckylls (he's really having different faces)

leucistic one: Mrs Hyde (I think it's a miss and she's really having her name well, because she always hiding...)

My two Golden Axolotls are called 'Uisce' and 'Beatha'. These are Irish Gaelic words meaning Uisce = Water and Beatha = Life and put together Uisce Beatha (water of Life!)translates as Whiskey!
biggrin.gif

I love reading the names of other peoples pets too...and yes, it's not easy to find names for all of ones pets. I have approx. 50 pets in and around the house and more coming soon, as I do a lot of rescue-ing here
angel.gif
. And they all have names given by yours truly...
animal.gif

Silver

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back