Feeding

A

angharad

Hi, i've had my axie (Max) for a few months now and he is doing great and loves his new tank
happy.gif
yay! I was just wondering how long an axie can go without food as i am going away for the weekend and there is no one around at that time that could look after him. I was going to leave something hanging in the water like some liver or sumthing as this is his favourite food since he went off worms (picky beast!) but he just doesn't seem to be very good at finding food himself unless im dangling it in front of his face. Any ideas? I once left some frozen bloodworms for him but he didn't really like them. He's about 7 months old I think anyway and is quite big but not really fat. Thanx if u read through all that
happy.gif
any advice is welcome.

He should be fine for the weekend.

I think he would be fine for the weekend. You could feed him more a couple of days before you leave.

i've heard axies can go for a month or so with out food, although this is not recomended. I only feed mine 2 times a week anyway because they were getting fat. and i've been on holiday for a week and they were fine, i just gave them more before i went like karrie said. basically dont worry they will be fine, if you really want to feed them you could put brine shrimp in the tank because they should live for 3 days and will be there for the axies to snack on.

Thanx for all the help, i was just worried about him cos i've never had any pet that lives in water b4 never mind an axie plus i've always worried about food since he went off the worms lol.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back