Axies looking out through the glass

E

emily

I'm sure a lot of you have this happen,my axies will stare at me through the glass...straight at me despite having poor eye sight.
Anyone know why?

Yeah mine does too. Its usually because they see your shape and think OO FOOD (habit tpe thing)or they're just wondering wha you are as they cant see you too well. Usually food tho ;)

How far can they actually see? They're not blind are they just very visually impared.
Just see various shapes,colours?

Ever notice how the truly follow their noses when they go about?

My guys do it too. I used to keep a betta tank next to them and I would find them smashed up against the glass watching Mr. Bettafish swim also.

How developed are their eyes, do they see in full spectrum and how far is the distance. I hope the new book I just got gives the low down on anatomy....

I'm sure their eyesight can't be good. Mine spend ages nosing around for food when they can smell it but still have trouble finding it sometimes when it's right in front of them!
dizzy.gif

Spyyk will sit and watch Denzel the labidochromis fish in the tank right next door.
But then Denzel's shocking yellow, so not difficult to spot.

my white leucistic Moopy is creepy sometimes. I can be at the other end of the room, and she'll be hiding in her rock formation with just her nose and an eye peeking out, spying on me. As soon as I get up or make any movement, she dutifully swims up to the surface and waits for her food :p

whenever i go to Gill's tank he will slowly swim up to the edge of the aquarium and look up at me as if he was expecting me to give him food.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back