Weird White Worms

T

teesha

These aren't like the planaria i used to gert.These are thinner and longer, abotu a cm long. They live in the substrate not on the glass. when i stirr it up or when i am siphoning they are put in the current and sqirm, sort of s shaped movement but sometimes it's just wriggly. I have 2 photos. Tell me what you think they are or if they are harmful to my axie.
When i first noticed them i noticed alot of what looked like orangish eggs in the water on the surface. are they gnats????
thanx in advance.
77704.jpg

77705.jpg

Thank you so much guys. your are so helpful! i knew there was a section on this site about them but i didn't know where to find it, plus i'm too lazy :p.

ps, Anne Marie, you're axolotls gills are absolutely STUNNING! soooo jealous! speaking of which, i work at a pet shop and the fish ate all the gills off an axolotl, i was fumeing my manager wouldn't le tme move its tank until all the gills were gone...grr to her!

i think they are nematodes too....and it says they can be parasitic...i haven't seen them on my axy yet i don't think as such i'll just be really anal when cleaning my tank again but not enuff to re cycle it.
thanx guys!!!
much apprecitated!

just an update if u care....that axolotls gills shrunk.....poor thing, but it seems ok, just needs to heal now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back