Disturbing

K

kellie

Have just been to my local pet shop to see if they had any glass shrimp for Crunchie. Saw the most disturbing thing. In a small tank, prob only about 1 foot long at most, there were about 6 axies. One of the wild type had blood around his mouth and hardly any gills, one of the goldens hardly had any gills and the other golden looked like his gills were burnt (they were black). The two white ones hardly had any gills either. I was horrified and proceeded to walk out of the shop. What can I do?

If you are really concerned, try having a friendly chat with the owners of the pet store maybe tell them about www.axolotl.org .

If that fails then just ring the RSPCA.

Ignorance is no excuse for animal cruelty.

Regards Eastern_axle

you should video tape the axolotls as evidence to give to the RSPCA (if you do can you send me a copy at evilfuzzle@hotmail.com)

(Message edited by green_axolotl on January 12, 2007)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back