Adoption Time

M

matthew

Hey guys,

due to work commitments and the addition of a few species of australian reptiles to my house I can no longer find the time to give my axies the time, care and love they deserve.

I posted something in the for sale thread but im betting 90% of you dont go there, so what I'm wondering is if any of you out there would like to adopt some (or all) of my 4 axies.

You may have seen pics of them, there's Gaara in my avatar (golden albino obviously) but there's also Moopy, a white leucistic with the most personality you'll ever see in an axie, a brown wild type called Party boy (every day is a party) and a small 5 inch melanoid called Mamba (he has angry prince syndrome).

I'll have to sell my tank on ebay as no one here wants it i think; but id rather see my axies go to people that at least know a little about the hobby rather than to a pet store where they'll just die or go to some idiot.

Cheers.

Gaara.

Hey Matt, i already have enough axies but AM looking for a bigger tank. How big is it? And how much?

Matthew,
Do you know of transporting across states? Short trips I know how to manage but interstate is a big step if at all possible? I would most defiantly love an axie or two, my two favourite colour's are melanoid and leucistic. My lounge room looks like an aquarium at the moment there are that many tanks! he he he

Be great for my melburnian axie's to have a few trendy sydney sider axie friends!

Regards Eastern_axle

nah i dont think interstate axie transport is possible
sad.gif

No worries, hope you find your axie's a nice home...

All the best!

Regards Eastern_axle

Nooo - not Gaara?! But Gaara is the king, he be awesome...

I'm sad to hear it.
When I'm bogged down with stuff (as I invariably am) I trained my kid sister to look after mine, including how to clean. Of course, I paid cash - and a good job is done every time.

An idea to ruminate over?

nah, my relatives live 3 hours away >.<

It's unfortunate but King Gaara, Moopy, Party Boy and Mamba will have to have someone else to love them, it breaks my heart
sad.gif

Bump. My little guys are still looking for a loving new home.

I would take them on in a flash, but they're all the way thataway.
What about a local kid? Got a neighbour you could train?
Best of luck with the little guys. Will miss them.

Unfortunately I dont think anyone wants to adopt my little babies, and I may have to euthanise them
sad.gif
I'm not entrusting them to my local petstore as they take horrible care of their axolotls >.<

Oh please don't do that.... I will be going to Sydney over the next few weeks but as mentioned above don't think they can go inter-state, if there is a way then i'll look after them for you. Have you tried some of those pet classifieds sites? I don't know how reliable the people would be but it's gotta be worth a shot.

Hope things work out.

Regards Eastern_axle

Matthew - put adverts up in fish stores, and any public place that will let you put up free adoption notices.

Please, please don't euthanise them...

Id definitely rather not euthanise them; and I definitely don't want to entrust them to a pet store, who will sell them to anyone.

There was a user on this site who started emailing me about it, but she turned out to be a giant time waster, who I assume decided not to take them because I'm a **** stirrer on the forums ;) :p

I've placed adverts in the classifieds already with no luck. So unless someone generous steps up and adopts them, they're going to have to either got to a pet store that will neglect them through ignorance or euthanisation >.< I'm distraught over the situation.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>Quoting Matthew on Friday 05 January 2007 - 22:52 (#POST116562):</font>

There was a user on this site who started emailing me about it, but she turned out to be a giant time waster, who I assume decided not to take them because I'm a **** stirrer on the forums <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

I expressed interest in the axolotls, but told you right from the start that I will have to organise a lift first, and I'd let you know when that was arranged. I was about to email you yesterday saying that we can come over in a couple of days, when I have to be in your area to collect a tank that a lady has kindly offered me, until I recieved a rude email from you as I hadn't responded to your email the night before. I wasn't online again until last night. It's not my fault I have a life outside the forums/internet..I can't sit here all day because someone may expect a reply straight away. So, the reason I reniged was because I felt you were rude to me, not because I think you are a **** stirrer. Yes, I did say you were, and I apologise for being so immature.

Anyway, I hope you find great homes for your axies, I'm sure it hurts to let them go.

Hayley

(Message edited by pebbles on January 06, 2007)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back