A new poor Axie from friend.

M

morrissey

you know what, yesterday I got a message from a guy in a Hong Kong forum, and he's going to give away his 4 years Axie, he saw my picture and he trust me, and he hope that i can take care of his axie.
I just picked the axie home tonight, and ho my god! She's so skinny!!! I can't imagine that a 4 years old axie will even smaller than my 1 year oliver! Anyway, I put her in a plastic tank alone now, when the moment I out her there, and I tried to feed her, she ate 2 pellets already! I guess she hasn't been feed for quite a long time!
I will try my best to make her becomes a healthy axie as same as my Olive & Oliver!
73627.jpg

73628.jpg

good on you to take it on, and yea, that axolotl really needs some TLC.good luck!

He doesnt look happy
sad.gif

If i saw him without knowing, i would never recognise him as an axie.

hope he recovers.

Oh my, he does look strange now. However I am sure after some TLC he will be looking good!

I recently bought a axie that was neglected, skinny and with eaten gills, and with a bit of care, he is now looking great!

Well done for saving the poor little guy!

Hope he gets better soon!

Regards Eastern_axle

thanks for all the concerns of my new axie, I named her "Emily"!
Sorry for my stupid question, what's the meaning of "TLC"?

Hi Morrissey,
I am sure that Emily is in great hands
and will be looking healthy like Olive and
Oliver in no time.
"TLC" means Tender Loving Care.

Cheers,
Chris.

poor little guy
sad.gif
cute tho

First it starts out with one axolotl. they you say, hey, 2 might be cute...Sooner or later you get a while axolotl farm!

Spreadin the axolotl love!

Well done for saving this poor little girl - she should feed up in no time but as with all starving animals remember - little and often - slowly and gently work her back into shape.

Good Luck

gosh she is skinny, and her gill stubs look like our 3yr olds (no frilly gill bits) when we first got them too. I am Emily will improve with your help. By the way Morrisey, looks like you have the axie bug! (one's just not enough!)

Poor creature!
I know she's in good hands, so best of luck to her!

Thanks for the advice! I just tried to feed her again, she doesn't eat too much, but around 1 pellet a day so far!

(Message edited by morrisseybond on November 23, 2006)

Emily updates!
Ok, she's living in my home for 5 days now, I tried to feed her everyday, and she willing to eat. Today I fed her 2 pellets and a small amount of blood worms too. And do 30% of water change everyday, I only put her in a plastic tank now. I really hope that she will get well soon!
73846.jpg

OK! emily's as skinny as me actually...ah..ha! My poor little girl!
sad.gif

73847.jpg

she does look healthier now hopefully she will return to 100% health over the next few weeks

Give her some cleaned earth worms if you can get ahold of them. It's a good thing you took her in, most people will not settle for unhealthy animals, but I myself have over a dozen that came to me from bad homes. Usually they will progressively get better as time goes by.

Good luck w/ the new baby!

shes looking better already. i have a leucistic from a "pet superstore" almost all her toes were bitten off(she was in a tank with cichlids), she was very skinny, and at first she refused to eat. she in now(after 45 days) in my 4 foot tank, with my 2 other axolotls, happy as ever, her toes are growing back, she is getting nice and plump(she is a girl, so with any luch she is fat with eggs), she is eating with my other axies, and she continually nuzzles up with my other 2.
YAY!!
angel.gif

Here's some more pictures of emily today, I found that she got a little fungus thing at the end of her toe this morning, so I gave her a salt bath, and removed the part of fungus! I hope she will be ok soon, I'm a little bit worry, will do one more salt bath tonight!
73869.jpg

73870.jpg

73871.jpg

73872.jpg

73873.jpg

snip "Give her some cleaned earth worms if you can get ahold of them."endsnip

Removing the gut contents of the earthworms ruins their calcium to phosphorus ratio and may then cause issues with calcium metabolism.

Ed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back