Axie adoption programe

C

clay

has anyone ever thourt about a axololt adoption programe?? for sick axies that people cant look after or they just dont whant them any more or for axolotls that have been abused by pet shops

(spelling)

because axies are getting so popular and ther is lots of people how think they will be realy easy like a goldfish but then they get them and they are not is this just a stupid idea

Would anyone be interested in doing somthing similar in your area

(Message edited by axie_king on September 04, 2006)

As it happens, I'm already known for it at my LFS.
Both of my axies have come from bad situations, and if they ever get any they can't cope with, they call me.

A friend of mine owns a HUGE 'Lotl tank, so if I haven't room to keep them, she takes them on - I'm on call for three of hers ATM.

yeah i loved to doing somthing like that in my area but since i have spare equipment and taht but i just need to find axie in need, all the ones ive seen im my area is really nicly treated, even the garden centre ones, they have a professional breeder looking after them.

i would do it if i had the tanks and a little more money (i really need a job!!)

<font color="119911">I would love to do that. I would like to do the same thing with goldfish. I got to keep one axie from an aquarium shop because it was just to sick to go back. I don't have much room, but that wouldn't stop me.</font>

<font color="119911">Just to add. I have this idea to start up a aqua sitting business, for people who need a place to drop off their fish while on holiday or something similar. And perhaps cross it with a aqua doctor type of service and adoption. It's a dream of mine to do that one day. Anyone else interested?</font>

I would love to, but I don't live in Australia, china or the UK.
I haven't found anyone within a 500 mile radius of me that has even heard of Axolotl.

Well, if you want a member in the UK to join Oskar, I'm happy to help!

Most of my fish/amphibs are rescuees - I just inherited a batch of plats from my late neighbour.

And I'm building a pond for my dippy Koi and his goldfish friend.

i would love to something like that oskar kool idea i whant to set up something like that first thing after yr 10 is aquaculter studies send me an email we should chat

tried to leave a message here while i was at work - didin't work.

I'm up for being a part of this, in Sydney obviously. By the way, if any of you out there are wanting to get rid of a white leusistic for whatever reason, let me know! Damn cute little things are impossible to find here.

OT: Gaara is healthy again! Little fella has been stomping around his tank and ate a dozen pellets when I got home. Makes me smile to see him healthy again.

Hey matthew i'm from newcastle and have seen white leucistics being sold in pet shops and aquariums here, if that helps
happy.gif

Newcastle eh? Man...That's a fairly decent drive from Sydney though >.<

I am a registered pet sitter and small animal and exotics rescue-er here in Ireland
animal.gif
and whatever animal you want to rescue or where-ever you are : it's not going to be easy! Not money wise (unless you find time to raise money somehow)
evil.gif
, not time wise (you need a job to support them all AND do a proper rescueing/pet sitting job)
alien.gif
, and not mentally (you might see the most horrid and desperate situations)
cry.gif

But if you're up to all that... Welcome to the club of Animal Angels in this world...
angel.gif

I think thats a great idea! We need more Animal Angels!

I also love the idea of axi-sitters because I am going overseas next year (to Ireland actually!!) and am worried about leaving pickles with someone who doesn't really know what they are doing - I think I would spend my whole time away worrying! Having an axi-sitter would be ideal. Could you please email me if you know of anything like that in the South East Qld area.

I'm with the Pet Sitters International and some Australian pet sitters are with them too (15). Check this out and maybe one of them is near you and would love to take care of your Axie
animal.gif
:

If you're not from Australia, then use the world wide locator:

Hope this helps,

Silver

Recommendations for services have to be placed in the testimonial section of the forum.

Ed

(Message edited by Ed on November 13, 2006)

silver do u have to be rejesterd or licensed or sumthing to take animals in and care for them?????

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back