Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My new axie set up, what do you think of my lovely axies

A

alex

hi guys
just wanted to know what you think of my new set up. its a 120cm by 40cm. in it are 3 axolotls.
1 wild type male called Axl
1 leucistic female called Lottie
1 dark wild type female called grace
i also want some fire salamanders, if anyone has any little ones.
let me know.
cheers

in the tank ive got loads of java fern, and other plants will come.
ive got some bamboo that is growing out of tank, which looks cool. i will also have some papyrus growing out of the tank, and this will give the axies some reeds to play around in.
i will soon have sand as a substrate.
what do you think??

73553.jpg

73554.jpg

73555.jpg

73556.jpg

73557.jpg

i saved the leucistic female from awful conditions at pets at home. they were advertising her as a great tropical or coldwater community addition!!
there were fish in the tank, and all her legs had been chewed up!!

(Message edited by jennewt on November 21, 2006)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1