Benny LIVE!!

What a hoot! I thought it was a clip playing, showing the same gill motion over and over - until I saw him actually move around. You should tell us when feeding time is coming so we can tune in.
bowl.gif

hehe. i'm gonna log it off now cos im gonna let him have some time in the dark but it will be back on in about 8 hours time. and hopefully i'll of worked out a way to waterproof my camera so i can submerge it
happy.gif

Benny is back online, although hes doing his morning exercises so im not sure if you will be able to see him just yet

Wicked idea! Good for a chat as well. Believe it's now on 24/7 so have a look.
happy.gif

Hmmm Not sure whats streaming but the 'Surf Control' at work wont let me view it ..!
happy.gif
LOL

Benny is just like one of my axies, Gilly. Fantastic idea Dan!!

Great idea. When I looked at it, he blocked out virtually all of the view with his tail and rear! He moved away, though... Yay!

Glad its such a hit. had some really nice chats with people today. and educated a few people on the way. hopefully it will continue
happy.gif

like trish said, its on live 24/7 now so feel free to take a sneaky peak whenever you want
happy.gif

He's staring at me! Love the pure white eyes too.
The current is much stronger than my tank - do you have any plants or anything to break it up for him?

My lotl likes bouncing in the leaves too.
Adds interest for the little guy.

awww benny's a superstar! he looks like my poncho

You are right Amber, the current is a little harsh. but i think thats got more to do with the air stone than the filters. i have got a plan to reduce it but that will have to wait til tomorrow now because its been a long day and i'm very tired.

g'night all

Took another peek at him and he came thundering towards the camera from the side and stared at the camera for ages. I like what you've done with your avatar- inverting the colours. I did that with a pic of Carlito once. The thread that I put it in is pretty old now...

i'm trying to sort out my linux machine so that i can host webcams and maybe make a site devoted to aquatics. should be great if i pull it off

nice. I'm planning on setting up something similar before the holidays so I can check on my little guy when I'm away. It would be cool if we could put up a webpage to host people's newt-cams on.
It would be a fantastic time-waster.

Fantastic idea Daniel,
Benny was sleeping in his pot,
moved a little.
Will look in again to see more action!!
Cheers,
Chris.

he gets fed at around 7pm GMT every other day (tomorrow, tuesday, thursday and so on) so feel free to take a peak at him moving. lol

axolotl web cam! sure beats the heck for all those "I am a sexy barely legal come see my webcam" emails I get. Axolotl webcam, I think you might have started a new craze! YES!

Good luck with your LINUX machine. I been planing for years to build a linux server and make aquatics pages and a million other projects. Glad you actully were able to get something done!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back