I reserved 2 axies...

S

sherri

Sorry I had to tell somebody. I went to a petstore this morning to get some stuff for Axelina, and 13 little axies had just come in...And they were the cutest, healthiest axies I have ever seen in a pet shop...so I reserved 2, one golden and one melanoid...And I also had to buy a new tank, as my axie Axelina is very ill, so these new axies are not gonna be sharing Axelina's tank... Sorry, just had to tell somebody my news, who will understand...Will pick them up in about 2 weeks, when their new tank has started cycling well.

that sounds so greate
lol.gif
im very happy for you all and wish you the best of luck with your new babies.
i hope that axelina gets well soon so she can joine her new family

How exciting!

It's a nice change to see pet shops looking after their axie's, all the best with Axelina and your new tank & babies!

Regards Eastern_axle

Wow a pet shop that looks after axies, when i got my first axie it died soon after because i bought it with a fungal infection and i didn't relise it (sniff).

Yeah it's good to hear that too.
The shop here with axie are very unhealthy, although they sell it in high price ($77usd for wild type & $100usd for albino) ,most of them with a lot of damages, bad tail, fingers lost or even you can see the scars on the head, it's a very sad to look at them. I think the shop keeping them separate for a year and I don't understand the reason of that.
sad.gif

Hi Sherri - Nice to hear you're expanding your collection
happy.gif

Which petstore did you find the Axies?

Thanks all, knew you would share my enthusiasm!Am very happy. Axelina is better, and I will get my new arrivals later this week.
Jaffa, I reserved them.Only thing is, the tank has small stones, so I hope they have eaten them...But they seemed really happy & healthy
happy.gif

I had to edit your post on where to purchase the animals as this can only be posted in the testimonial section of the forum.
Ed

(Message edited by Ed on November 13, 2006)

Hi all!! I got my 2 little axies yesterday, they are about 5 inches long. I am calling the golden albino Mandarina or Orangina, as she is so orange!And the black one is Blackie. Actually the black one is not a melanoid, but a very dark wildtype. I will post some pics in a few days. Oh, and Axelina is feeling better, and staring at the baby axies a lot from her tank, as they are next to each other
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back