Axie Birthday!!!

L

leanne

Hey guys!

Just a quick question. Has anyone got any ideas or suggestions for a birthday present (!!!!!) for my axie Hermes? He's gonna be one soon (well a year since I got him anyways!). I don't know like a food treat or something for the tank or I dont know really!

Leanne

What about a really nice cut of red meat? maybe a baby steak? or put a handfull of ice cubes (made from tank water) in your axies tank on his b'day i know my axie's love the little chill they get from swimming through them.... Just a thought,

Regards Eastern_axle

how about a coloured ping pong ball - with a small hole to allow it to fill with water - there is a picture in the Axie gallery of an axy literally having a ball. I can't remember who the post was from but it looked like he was having fun

That would be me.
And yes, Spyyk adores her pingpong ball - there are some nice candystriped ones you can get!
You have to put two pinholes in it, and squeeze it GENTLY under water to fill it.

What about trying some big clear quartz pebbles?
Spyyk likes anything like that too.
Or a giant marble?
Or a Marimo Moss Ball (eBay)...
What about a lettuce clip to put some ham in for a tug of war?
How about a couple of shot glasses? Spyyk likes to stick her head in/climb on them...

*grins*
I loved researching axie toys!

Wow!
Thanks guys! They are some really good ideas. If I use any I'll post pictures on here of the afore mentioned birthday boy and his treat/toy/present. Meanwhile anyone else any ideas?

Leanne

I was going to say the moss balls, but Amber's already said that. You could get a bubbler or air stone if you don't already have one- they love playing with the bubbles. Or you could make him a really awesome tunnel or something.

*grins*
You're welcome.
And yes to the tunnels - when I was building Ziggy's tank (my friend's late axie, he unfortunately suffered kidney failure due to parasite)I gave him an awesome network by using well scrubbed black drainpipe - all gutterjoints and L angles, so he had cross sections and such to run through.
He LOVED it.
Be sure to wash it REALLY well, as a lot of drainpiping has anti-mold solution on.

Hey guys thanks for the response! I went for a Marimo moss ball and some plants. Plus I sort of spent a load of money changing their tank from gravel to sand!! However, that was more for their health. Also got him some more plants to wreck and destroy and some ghost/river shrimp for them to chase! They love it!
Thanks guys,
Leanne

*grins*
Glad we could make a birthday spectacular.
Now I just have to think what to get mine for birthday/christmas.

I estimate her hatchdate is early February.

My axie's first birthday is coming up too on january the fifth and I am planning on giving him a brand new tank with nice looking plants and maybe a little fake log.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back