Tropical axie

L

lorie

Moomin is now tropical. I haven't been paying alot of attention to her water temp and i looked at it today and it's 22 degrees!

She's perfectly fine tho
happy.gif
Swimming about gleefuly and climbing plants like usual :D

I thinik it's because where i brought her from the tanks were quite warm(tho they were all ill)

SEE IT CAN BE DONE! heheh

Yeh.. my tank has been creeping up the last few days, it sat at 24C for about half a day, until i did the cocke bottle trick, now down around 21c... I got jipped with some stuff that "detoxifies" ammonia.. called ammolock.. apparently it detoxifies the ammonia, but doesnt dissolve it, so the bacteria can still feast on it. also got jipped with some "purer water" which apparently reduces theneed for cleaning and dissolves nitrite n al this other jazz.. what is the chance of this <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> actually working?

I use ammo lock as a dechlorinator. I'm not sure what form bacteria use for food (NH4+ or NH3), but using stuff like that to control your chemical balance is bad news. You should cycle your tank.

I also use ammo lock, and tap water conditioner for when I cycle the tank. Every time I go to the pet store they try to sell me stresscoat and what not! The less chemicals the better.

When my tank temperature got high (around 24C) Axo loved it, and swam around and was really out and about! Julio on the other hand stopped eating and looks ill. So I guess different axolotls handle temperature quite differently!

I would agree with you there. Spyyk quite likes the water to be around 21C - but she doesn't like 23.
She doesn't much like it colder either.

However, Ari (when we had him) liked the colder water.

Yeh, Ive decided to get a 4ft tank, this one is too small and since i have to get a chiller anyway, i thought i may as well have a decent display. ive got to throw out a couch to do it too LOL!!!! Ebay has some pretty cheap chillers found on online stores heaps more expensive!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back