WHAT THE!

"They walk on dry land"... That is really, really sad... And the gravel, "deep" water...

*raises eyebrows*
I'm appalled.
I wish they were closer to me, I'd rescue them.

Do you think its water quality why they are climbing out? I wonder how long they've had them for. I've also seen some advertised as "it likes to be petted alot"

errr.gif
nono.gif

i wish i could slap the person
sick.gif

petted...
walking on land...
with information outlets such as the internet, you would think somebody would do a little research or at least google the pet... you know, make sure they are in a suitable enclosure/not doing anything incorrectly...

Only way is if you are a tm member and use the question facility at bottom (only aussie or NZers can join and have to be authenticated - money on their account to ask a question - they used to have international members but cut them out last year sometime)! I'm not a member anymore so can't do it, but someone has put this forum and axolotl.org on a comment.

So, they've had them a year and not really done any research. We've had all ours under a year and had we not had axolotl.org and this forum I don't know how we would have managed to properly care for our axies.

I'm confused though - if they are VOLUNTARILY coming out of the water ?

thats just horrible... i wish people would research their pet before they buy them.

"walks on dry land" "does it for 10-15 mins" disgusting... the poor thing's probaly trying to escape
lame.gif

Nearly all the people who come to my house and see my axies say "Oh my friend has some of these! He takes them out and they walk and you can pat them! It's so cool! Can you do that with yours?!"

So it's not rare... Unfortunately.

Ouch - poor little guys.
I mean, Spyyk quite likes a nose and chin tickle - but I'd never take her out if I didn't have a VERY good reason to.
Some days she sits on my hand and I lift her to the surface, but that's all.
Spyyk's happy walking around on the nice sandy floor of her aquarium thanks.

Poor animals.

We do not allow the posting of links to for sale ads on other sites. The link has been deleted and the thread is closed.

Ed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back