Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

How much longer?

S

sarah

i purchased buttercup on the 8th of august, she has not shown any signs of being sick and eats fine. I was wondering if it will be ok to add her in the tank with my other two now?
whats the recomended time length to leave them seperated?.

kapo

Reaction score
Usually 30 days for quarantining.

S

sarah

ok thats means tomorrow i shall put her in :D
this is exciting!!

J

joan

As long as they're similar size. Don't put a 3 inch axie with an 9 inch axie, or you'll have AxieSnax.

A

a

AxieSnax are not good.
However, if the bigger 'Lotl has been fed, and the Snack is still alive and hanging out of it's mouth, a gentle, unexpected tap on the nose SHOULD make the bigger one let go and run like hell.

Be prepared to see NASTY damage, and isolate/treat immediately.

I saved Ari like this.

K

kim

I have a question on Transformed Axolotls , once transformed has anyone had the experience of them breeding ?
If so , do their eggs naturally produce young that Transform ?

Look forward to hearing anyone's comments in this regard.
Best Regards ,
Ambystoma (Sydney)

A

andy

Kim, i have a morphed axie and at the start of the year it came into breeding condition. I'd have loved to have had a female for him as i had the same question as you. I'm guessing that the young would just be normal axies but with a higher chance of morphing than most...maybe one day i'll find a female morph and i can answer your question.

(p:s, next time start your own thread off...it will often get more responses that way
wink.gif
)

S

sarah

not to worry the 3 of them are the same size
happy.gif

im posting pics up now in the photo gallery of them hanging out
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1