A death in the family

R

rheann

Nibbles, my first axolotl died today. She had been sick for a while, not really sure why.

She died very peacefully in the fridge. I'm very upset about it. She was my first and she was such a beautiful pale gray wild type. I feel so heart broken.

She had a little fungus from the heat here, while my other axolotls did not. I got her in the fridge with salt baths a few weeks back and the fungus went away, but she kept acting funny. I thought perhaps maybe she just wasn't feeling well. Now she has died and I can't understand why.

The other day my husbands uncle almost burned down our apartment. Our cats were caught in teh thick black smoke with all the windows closed. they could have suffocated. We were out and he had left food cooking on the stove and ran out and forgot about it.

I'm not having very much luck lately... Things just aren't going well for me so I haven't been posting lately on this forum.

R.I.P Nibbles.
sad.gif

Hope things look up soon for and yours Rheann, I'm sure it will.
yin-yang.gif

All our axies are praying for you and Nibbles
happy.gif

... in their own special ways. Probably through dancing.

proud.gif

Sorry for your loss. Dont worry things will turn good soon
happy.gif

sorry to hear about that Rheann
sad.gif

hopefully things turn around for u soon...

Oh no. Rheann, I'm so sorry to hear about Nibbles. I don't have any good words to comfort you, as I know losing a dear pet is sooo sad and heart-breaking. Hopefully your other axies will be able to make you smile again! Try to be happy you still have them, those little darlings. And am so happy your cats are ok, too. Be strong.Hugs

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back