Can axies overeat ??

K

karen

Hi guys

Can axies overeat ??

My partners 2 seem to stop eating when they are full. I am starting to think though that mine could eat as much as i would feed him (as long as he likes the taste !)

Does anyone know if axies can overeat ?

Thanks !

Yes. They're opportunistic feeders that will eat whenever food is present.

Oops ! Anyone got a recommended feeding schedule ? Think my partner does 2 worms per axie per day.

Any recommendations for a baby (about 2 inches long) ? I am feeding bloodworm at the mo

I feed mine about half an adult nightcrawler 2 or 3 times a week. Babies can be fed as much as they'll eat in 15 minutes on a daily basis.

Hello,
I feed my axie witch 1cm3 of beef heart monday, wednesday, friday...et with 1,5 pellets for melts fish (it contains many vitamins...)the other days. I give them some earthworms sometimes but rarely... It seems to be ok!
PS : excuse me for my poor english!
blush.gif

Thanks Michael :)

Your English is very good - only problem is that for numbers we use the . instead of the , :)

hi there- yes i am quite sure they can overeat- judging by the size of our juvies stomach- it looks like its ready to pop sometimes. also because we were going away for the weekend we stupidly tried to stock them up- unbeknownst to me my husband fed them a big worm each and i gave them pellets- one of them threw up big time- i felt so bad. after he did that tho he was snapping away ready for more food!! obviously knew what to do with his over loaded tum!!

I'm still not sure on this one - i think it COULD be an individual thing ? My partners love worms - but if you put more than 2 each in the tank they just ignore them after eating 2 each.

My guy at the moment only seems to take notice of live food. He ignores anything that doesn't move. And he ignores worms.

He was sick the first day - but still think that may be due to the gravel from the pet shop. Not sure ...

yeah his two defiantely stop eating when they are full ... they are the exact same worms and the same size - but unless they are really hungry they will happily just walk round with the remaming worms sat on their heads - or walk up to them and stick their nose on them as if too hold them down for a while - or as if thinking about it - then eventually just wander off ...

Yeah ours do that as well (worms on head) or turn their backs on us when they finish! Only one of our axies is a greedy little beggar (I fed her one night and hubby thought I'd left her out; sis was also staying over babysitting and thought she was hungry as Brodie was doing the begging routine so promptly fed her - by the time we got home tank she had regurged all the worms and pellets she'd stuffed herself with!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back