Anyone know where I can get an axolotl in Scotland?

kerry

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Kerry
<font color="aa00aa"><font face="verdana,arial,helvetica"><font size="+1">
Thinking about getting an axolotl, but have no idea where to find one. I live in the Shetland Islands, where there don't seem to be any breeders, and would need to know where to look if I was going to travel South. Any suggestions?</font></font></font>

(Message approved by john)

I got mine from Dobbies do they have one there? They still have plenty in the one at ponteland. But i also have a caravan at bamburgh and im up there on the 12th of may (friday i think) If that would help you out i could get one and bring it up so at least it would be half way to you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back