How long?

A

anna

I just went and got myself another axie bringing the grand total up to 2. Its very cute and its the same size as my first one but its an olive colour with hardly any blotches and a permanent smile. Very adorable. Also in very good health, the pet shop has really picked up its game and the advice they were giving me was correct (not really needed thanx to this site, but correct). Well ne way, I've got it separate from Simba at the moment and I was just wondering how long it will take to be sure that it doesn't have ne disease? I am kinda hoping that I can put them both in the tank at the same time when it finishes cycling in a couple of weeks to cut down on territorial problems. Like I said above, its in perfect health and aside from being annoyed with its recent move it doesnt even seem stressed. Simba is doing brilliantly too, no fungus or ne thing. Thanx for help.
proud.gif

You can usually tell within 2/3 weeks but we kept ours quarantined for the full 4 weeks just to be on the safe side. So you cud always just keep Simba out that bit longer so they get introduced at same time they enter the tank.

ive never had any territorial issues with my axies, when i first got my Lucian a buddy she snapped at Demetrious a bit, but probably only because she thought he was food when he moved. i think it depends how much they will get in each others faces (tank size) as to how snappy or not they will get, my four never snap at each other unless its feeding time and thats just a mistake.

id keep him seperate the full 4 weeks if you can, just to be safe! make sure you dont bring any equip into contact with either tanks without washing it if its touched another tank first, same goes with hands etc
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back