Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hey Alex! Java Moss! r u still after?

kapo

Reaction score
Sorry, having probs 2nite trying to get things to work and pm you. But if ur still after java moss do a search on tm as someone in Welly is selling some, pickup only.

C

coffo

is java moss good for axies?
im getting one soon and unsure what plants to use

S

sharn

java moss is fine, not necessary but it looks great tied to driftwood. basically any aquatic plants that can stand colder temperatures are good. i dont use live ones in my tank so cant point you to any other good ones other than java fern and java moss

R

rob

check this site out Coffo http://www.plantgeek.net/
http://www.plantgeek.net/plantguide_cat.php?category=1 there is lots of info what plants can take what lights u have, for low light situations like 1.5 watts per gallon or lower a good start is :
any anubias
java moss
java fern
crypts
vals
wisterias are a med light plant but seem to do good in lower light too.
banana plant will do ok but wont thrive in lower lower light.
i have all of these + some and are thriving now, but i have 2.14 wpg lighting now and C02 + i use Seachem flourish excell and flourish comprehensive.
if u want to work out how much light u have IE: watts per gallon "wpg" just divide the total wattage of lights u have by the total water in ur tank "gallons" IE: mine = 90 watts of light by 42 gallons = 2.14 wpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1