Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Sick salamander please help

G

gemma

someone please help.my salamander(cyril)is lookin really ill,he keeps floatin on his side and occaitionally rubbin his self on gravel,i cant see any fungus on him but ever since we have had him he's had a couple of white spots thats not got any bigger or smaller they are just his markins i think tho.
sad.gif
please help us we love our cyril

C

charlie

1) use the SALAMANDER forum
2) register to use the forums

kapo

Reaction score
hey charlie cyril is an axie, she has a thread somewhere in the sick axie section

S

sharn

hey charlie, not being rude but it sounded a bit harsh, shes got a sick pet she cares about and i know how it feels to get slammed when your trying to find help. gotta keep this place nice and friendly, this place is known for it so we dont wana ruin the rep aye lol.

gemma- sounds like you need to get your baby into the fridge asap, have a read around here for a 'how to'. it depends what colour he is as to whether these white spots are a problem, however if they are fluffy then they would be fungus and salt baths would be needed for them. hope your baby gets better!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1