Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Need help finding leucistic axies in perth, western australia?

S

samantha

does anybody know of a breeder in Perth, WA that sells those pretty leucistic axies, preferably with markings on its skin?

J

joanne

Hey Samantha, what part of WA are you from? There are a few places around - some good - some bad. City Farmers in Bedford usually order in Axolotls, but they normally stock them consistently too. Or you can try the Aquarium shop in Morley, they have contacts with breeders. Pets Paradise stores normally stock them too but I have found that they always have their axies on gravel (my 2 babies I got there still poop pebbles
sick.gif
) and long story short, just don't listen to any of their advice.

The Pets Paradise at The Galleria in Morley have babies at the moment for $10 each but they are a little young to tell properly what their markings will be like. Both of mine are just starting to get freckles though and I bought them from there!

So, if you live NOR, hopefully this helps
wink.gif

S

samantha

THANKYOU JOANNE! for all your help, i live close to most of those places. I was unaware of the city farmers shop though, i mite pop there this week. I did go to the pets paradise in morley about 3 weeks ago, and im not sure the girl i spoke to, even new what she was on about. so im a little hesitant 2 buy from there. I have been to the aquarium shop in morley and they are very good.. so i will ask them about the breeders they know.
Just seeing pics of the leucistic axies with freckles makes me want them more! which is strange coz i have freckles and i hate them!!! but my leucistic axie has no freckles, and she is almost full size, i think,(about 18cms)?? so i doubt she will ever have them. but thanx 4 ur reply. very helpful!
smile.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1