Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axies and music?

S

skylar

Does anyone else's axie get affected by music? when i'm listening to judas priest, cradle of filth, or any other metal, Tijuana always puts his face and front feet against the glass facing the speakers. Yet when my brother is in my room using the computer and he is listening to rap, Tijuana hides in the cave. My other axie seems unaffected by it. I'd think its a coincidence except it happens every time.

S

sharn

COF NOOOO!!!! haha, i prefer marduk, slayer, carcass, emperor etc etc but thats off topic so ill shutup lol (PM me if you like death/black metal, not supposed to have off topic convos on here, posts get deleated).

axies cant 'hear' as such, they feel vibrations and with rap being a slow doof doof and metal having a more constant bass line i suppose they would be more freaked of the slow 'doof doof'. sadly i never listen to my music as loud as i want just because of all the fish tanks in the room, simple solution to any unwanted vibrations caused by music- headphones!!

(Message edited by sharn on February 04, 2006)

S

skylar

My speakers do vibrate the whole floor - they are 1.5M tall
happy.gif

But I guess its only fair to the axie's to use headphones cause they will probably get stressed pretty quick.

Btw, how do you know if you have a PM? im retarded
happy.gif

R

rob

i cant crank my music anymore cause of my axies, if i go to loud they freak out and scatter around the tank, specially anything bassy
sad.gif

u will recieve an email "the one u registed with" if any one pm's u....

A

alex

same applys, my axies always come over the the glass whenever i have my sub up. i think that the vibrations make them think theres a fish around or something for them to eat.

A

apryl

Haha,yeah,I had wondered about this too,my Boris seems to be out looking around when I play music too,and that can range from metal(tool,Iron Maiden etc) to hardhouse which tends to get pretty hard out.Neither seem to get worried about the vibes,but yet someone could walk in past them and they go nuts.

M

mel

woop woop they just like metal! axies have great taste lol
polly always sits up went it playing, just like wen she wants food so the vibrations things is prolly the right answer
hooora for metal head axies!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1