Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Big sgare glass thing..

J

jeff

I just moved my babies tonight into a large glass squarish thing. Has about 2/3 of the volume of water I was using for them, which was a lot more then needed. I am wondering if it is a problem they don't have the same sqaure footage, the old one was rectangle. They are just about 1 and a half inches or 3.3 mm. They don't move around too much and I like them to find food easy.
52189.jpg

and here they be
52190.jpg

52191.jpg

had to use some green light, I love the second shot.

T

theresa

WOW jeff!!!
Totally awesome!!!! they are so cool looking. You must be so pleased. Thanks for sharing the pics.... please keep doing this. How old are they?

J

jeff

Thanks Thersa, They are about 2 months now if I could guess. I change the water everday, and then add more food and fish-water.

J

jeff

My blackworms are dwindling, how old do you think they will have to be to eat frozen bloodworms?

J

jinny

Any age. Frozen bloodworms are small and you can break them up to be even smaller. My babies are all around 1 inch and eat them.

J

jojo

OMG JEFF!!! THEY ARE AWESOME! Well done! Beautiful looking babies. They look fantastic, awesome pics! Keep em coming
happy.gif

A

apryl

They look so cool,wouldn't it be awsum if they stayed like that?!Small and cute-and see through
frog.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!