Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Backgrounds?

C

charles

What does everyone think of backgrounds? and what do you use?

I'm weighing it up at the moment. Think I might use a poster of a wave about to break (something different) from a surfing mag.

S

sarah

That sounds pretty cool and different, ive just gone with the standard plant and rock background. Go on, be different! I might do a colourful painting and change mine now!

Sar

S

sharn

i use plain backgrounds of either blue or black, the odd tank i might use the planted backgrounds, sometimes it just looks too busy for me though

J

jeff

For my fish I used to use a giant cat harharhar!
I cheat and print out stuff for my guys and rotate it or use old magazine pictures of sea life or jungles.rainforests and whatnot. I hate paying for backgrounds.

T

tina

Big black waste bags are good too..

You can also make a background boks with twigs and mos and such with a little light placed above. this boks can then be placed behind the aquarium and makes a 3D illusion...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1