I am so very very mad at pet shop

D

denise

i just have to get this off my chest.
after finally deciding to spend the money to buy a chiller i contact my local pet stores to be told that they dont have any and most had no idea what an aquarium chiller was, no luck locally. i was reading some posts from members and found that they had purchased a chiller and were very happy with it so i contacted the store they bought theirs from. the store is still in the state i live in and i said right from the beginning were i was and that i would organise a courier to pick it up. the sales person went through the chiller with me over the phone and even gave me the weight and dimensions of the box, but when i said i would like to buy the chiller he said that he couldnt sell it to me unless i came in the store because im not a potential customer. a few words were exchanged and i hung up in the end very angry.i just cant believe that he wasted my time and i am so disappointed. my poor axie is suffering because of this. what is wrong with pet shops.
sorry for this post being so long i just am so angry that i had to tell someone

Seems like if you gave them a credit card number they wouldn't care if you were there or not. The other post going on in here somewhere has a website that sells them for 450 or so.

i don't really like pet shops because tbey keep animals in not very nice environments like the rabbits and rodents live in these hot stinking enclosures with flies. that's not cool.

that guy was simply lazy that's all i can say. Dee, i've just send you a msg, i hope it can help you. One way or another i'm sure you'll be able to get your mits on a chiller
happy.gif

I thought it was a crazy amount of money to spend considering i don't even have airconditioning for myself but just seeing the improvement in their quality of life and my peace of mind makes it more than worth it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back