Woohoo!!!! :D

C

charles

Last day of work finished today before a holiday in nz and it just keeps getting better.
1) I won thru work tickets to the Big Day Out in Sydney, perth and adelaide, all expenses paid (have to work parts of the days doing promo, but its flights and accomodation and so on covered) so that started pretty well....
and then...
2) Walking down the street, notice one of my neighbours throwing away a 2ft x 1ft x 1ft tank! Because one of the glass covers has a piece broken! Soooooo.... can't wait to get back from nz (3wks) and get that cycling!

a fraction smaller than what I was wanting but I still have my old one as well. I've checked it and it doesn't leak at all, everything is fine except the lid!

So... the question - will it be ok for a tank that size for 2 or 3 or 4 axies? (I want to get 1 more, at the least!) Down the line I want to use my old one for breeding (when I know axies well enough,) or have a couple in the big one and one in the small one.

What a great day!

Congrats on the big day out tickets - that's gonna save you a heap of dough! I wouldn't put more than three axies in a two foot tank. Optimum would be two I'd reckon.

in my opinion i would put 2 axies in there max. have fun at big day out!!

I wanted to go to big day out. Lucky about the tank. I need to make one that's really big. I'm going to the glass shop and ask for off cuts. :B

yip two max, you may find even thats still too cramped, i know i did before i upgraded

I'll be happy with 2 in there
happy.gif
And one smaller one in my current smaller tank :D

BDO is all good. even if I have to "work" half the day, all it takes is doing promo etc. I'm especially happy about getting taken out to perth and adelaide as they're the 2 places it would cost me most to see!

i want to go to the big day out one year. perhaps when im a little older cus sometimes it can be pretty scary for a lil 17 year old like me to go to one of them

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back