How many do you have?!?

J

jenny

Hi all, I was just interested in how many axy's people owned, only I started with one .... got him a friend... had two more (different colours).... now I have two more arriving tomorrow.! They are just so addictive and cute and sweet!?!?! Must STOP no more!!!???!!!
lol.gif

I have 6! lol
biggrin.gif

2 Leucistic - Moon Cookie and Little Boots

2 golden albino - Bort and Bobo

1 pale gray wild type - Nibbles (will remame once know the sex)

1 black/melanoid - Grimace Gargamel

happy.gif
Yes, they are addicting, but no more for me! 6 is enough.

Wow those are some interesting names. My axie hasn't come yet but when it does i'll have one.

I have 5.

2 adult females
White albino - Lulu
Green Wild Type - Millie

3 babies
Green wild type - Tonks
Grey/blue spotty wild type - Austin
Leucistic(with freckles) - Nemo

+ 148 babies growing fast!

find homes for them
biggrin.gif
i'd keep them if it was possible,lol, but i cant unfortunately.

I have 2,see my avatar

Boris,green wildtype,7mnths,sex ? as yet,but still looking female

Diablo,freckled leucistic,2-ish,male

I plan to get more,but am now on the hunt for something original since I missed out on a piebald,lol,I tend to go all out when I get into something.I think 6 would be my limit,3 tanks with 2 axies
love.gif

Jordan,wouldnt you be better off getting an axie from somewhere local?The transporting would be a bit rough on them,not to mention the cost.

i have two 1 X albino 1 x Golden, but when new tank is cycled going to get another 2 or 3
i havn't named them yet cause i dont know the sex yet, i'm thinking i have 1 x male 1 x female but not sure...

I have 7, down from 20+, 4 wildtypes and 2 melanoids.

I wonder how many Michael Shrom has... lol.

Jordan, because of their CITES II designation, without a CITES permit, you cannot ship axolotls internationally.

I would say Mike safely (now since there hasn't yet been reproduction for the season) about 50. Everywhere you look there are a few in just about anything that holds water... well that's not entirely true, but he does have a sizeable collection. When the laying starts that number will be two thousand plus.

Yey i Got my other 2 today I now have 6!!

2 leusistic - Lexus and Logan
2 wild type - Nikita and Moloko
1 Gold albino - Not named
1 albino ( is white with pale yellow patches) - unnamed too

I have one, my huge adult Elsa
happy.gif

De-ja-vu - isn't there a thread asking this somewhere else, or I am going crazy again?!
rofl.gif

Edit for my post. 4+2 does not equal seven. I have 5 wildtypes. Anyone want a juvie?

I have 2, both female, one leucistic(Martini) and one golden albino(Stella).

Eventually I will get a male black one (wildtype?) and he will be called Sambuca.

Then I will breed them, keeping some and giving away the rest. What is a good number of eggs to keep for a first-time breeder? I was thinking maybe 100 b/c some may not survive anyway?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back