Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Does aqua clear affect biological filtration?

L

lindsay

I'm cycling my tank at the moment and i was just wondering if that stuff you can buy that clears up tank water interferes with the biological filter?
sick.gif

If not, can anyone in Australia recommend a good brand?
biggrin.gif

J

jordan

I don't think it interferes with the filter, but i have no idea of a product like it in Australia.

R

rheann

http://axolotls.org/health.htm#list

This links leads to a list of reported safe and un-safe chemical/products that you can and shouldn't use in your tank.

If you are looking for something to clear the Chloramine and Chlorine in your tank water, Stress Coat is a very good Brand, so is Amqual+

Anything else, I am not sure if you should use anything. Check out the list, and maybe others can help you further.

Good luck
happy.gif

J

jordan

Hey rheann how come your picture changes a lot?? and what is that in your picture??

R

rheann

Because I like to change my picture a lot
happy.gif
and the picture is of my Cat Foober, after I photo shopped it. Here is the larger image and the original photo.

46146.jpg

46147.jpg

J

jordan

I love the way the entire thing looks! You did that with photoshop?

R

rheann

hey, Guys, thanks
happy.gif

I used Adobe Photoshop and Jasc Paint shop Pro together to complete the image.
happy.gif

R

rheann

the Adobe program my husband got for me as a gift, so I have no idea It's adobe photoshop 7.0. The other Jasc Paint Shop Pro is $100 here, but i got it for $11 because the people at Fry's electronic's goofed on the price tag, and I had to wait 20 or 25 minutes for them to run back and forth trying to figure out what was wrong. I still don't know what was wrong with the price tag, but heck, I got the program for $11, made me happy!
biggrin.gif

C

cynthia

Lindsay - looks like your thread kinda got hijacked here.

I wouldn't use anything to clear the water especially while cycling. The cloudiness while cycling should clear up by itself.

If you have cloudiness after cycling then you should try and find out what is causing it and eliminate the problem instead of "treating it".

J

jordan

O yea i guess i kind-of started the "hi-jacking". Like Cynthia said, try to stay away from using it during cycling.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1