Wierd colours?!

S

stipe

hey,
I was visiting a website where i found a picture of the owners axolotl. It was green. I posted the pictures below. COuld anybody tell me if thats a camera effect or the real colour, if so do they come in colours like that.
44651.jpg

44652.jpg

heres the link if you want the website,
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/4301/axolotlhabitat.htm

i like that site cause bubba and calixto are so cute i always used to go on it before i discovered this site.lol
it looks like the photo has been changed to that colour but i could be wrong. although axies can come in that colour as i have seen some around where i live. i was nearly going to buy a little female axies once that was close to that colour but i didnt.lol but that first photo seems like a the green is a bit excessive.

I could be wrong, but I don't that is an Axolotl. It looks like a water dog to me. It has too long of a head to be an Axolotl but it could just be the camera angle or something.

Anyone have a second guess?

Oh yes, the photo has been naturally altered but only slightly. I think the real color might be an off brownish green color but with the contrast with the pink gravel and the lighting in the tank, it turned it green.

They are axolotls, but the site owner has altered the colors. S/he admits it somewhere on the site, using alternative colored bulbs and digitally editing them.

Thanks Joan, for clearing that up for me
happy.gif

For some reason, these pictures remind me of Charlie and the Chocolate factory. Very wacky colors
biggrin.gif

lol true but it would be cool to have a axie like that. It would be cool if they came in rainbow colour. look like he was smoking pot, lol.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back