Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hi to all!!

S

sharn

hello all havent been on here in ages and i see so many new members!! just an update on my axie tank (the four footer) i now have two definate males (a leucy and a wildtype) and a definate female (a leucy) im still waiting for my golden to become sexable and then hopefully he/she will breed. in nz we only have one breeder i know of and she gets upwards of 100 each!! so if mine breeds ill be the second breeder in nz :D, hopefully my Thanatos will fufill my wishes hehe.
I have also expanded on my fish keeping with a four footer containing (get ready for the long list) a veil tail angel, a pearscale angel, a black angel, male fighter, female cockatoo cichlid, a pair of boesmani raibows, two khulis, a bristelnose, 9 neons three albino corys, one hillstream loach and i think thats all for that tank. i also set up a five foot with a full grown RT oscar, a gold severum, two plecos and a red tailed shark. these are all in my room (yes mum does think the floors sinking and moans daily about it, im told its not though).
So my love for fish and my family has extended greatly. just thought i would say hi to all those that remember me- Sharn p.s. good to see a new family of axolotl keepers, glad theyre not going out of fashion!!

C

cynthia

Hey Sharn good to see you back
happy.gif
Sounds like you have been busy!

S

sharn

haha yeah i have been busy and on my limited student wage of 60-80 a week its been a long slow process. i think my last total was around 2000 dollars for all three setups in my room. sheesh, i could have bought a car for that!! and ill be visiting alot more now, always keen to keep updated on axies

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1