Pet Shop.....

D

dee

I am new to the site and Axies.... and yes I own a Pet Shop.... don't worry I am doing my best to be sure my customers are given all the best possible information...
I spent a good few weeks checking out this forum and the axolotl.org site, getting as much information as I could before stocking the axies...I have only sold two.. but that is mainly because once I give people all the information they need, they realise there is a little bit more to it than they thought...but I would rather not sell them if they are not going to be looked after properly...and yes we have refused to sell animals to people before....
I had no intention of stocking them, but was getting so many queries from people, who kept buying them (from other pet shops)and then they would die so they would buy more and keep making the same mistakes over and over.
My shop is small compared to most...but I love what I do and try to do the right things by all the animals... which has lost me a few sales...
I'm sure I still have a lot to learn but, so far all ours have stayed healthy with no injuries and the two that were sold are both doing well as the customers are now regulars and keep me updated...

Dee thats great news. Us hear at caudata.org have a pet hate for pet shops that dont look into what they are keeping/selling.

I'm so glad you came and read everything.

If you do have any problems, or pictures or your axoltols please come back and post again!

Welcome to the forum!

YAY!!! A decent pet shop owner!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back