Water chiller

S

sophia

<font color="ff0000"><font face="courier new,courier">...hey guys
im one of those poor brisbanites and i have discovered that even frozen water bottles changed every three hours cant lower the water temp by more than one or two degrees...

As i am a uni student i cant afford a water chiller so i am gonna make one...

styrofoam esky, tubing a lot of ice and a motherboard fan with a 12 volt battery!!

does anyone have any other ideas or know of somethine else ill need to add??? otherwise ill let youse know how i go!</font></font>

Good luck with making it! I'm interested in seeing how it turns out as I may be needing to make one for myself this summer because last summer was hot and they are predicting hotter this year.

Let me know how the motherboard-fan thing works out (how long battery lasts, etc.) My tank is a little too warm (it's in my reptile room, so it's surrounded by heat lamps), and I'm thinking that might just drop the temp to optimal with a fan or 2.

Hey Joao, could you tell me on some chiller tips? A chiller would cost a lot for me to get, and I like building stuff. Think I can add that to my list of projects
happy.gif
Thanks

it´s simple and cheap, you just got to have a refrigerator arc, and do two holes in it for the the outlet tube pass inside of it,use an air pump to make the water to flow, and inside the arc put some meters of the outlet tube in spiral shape, fill the ark with water and it´s ready to go. probably it´s not to explicit cause of my bad english

Joao, have you actually used this kind of chiller? Some people say it isn't very effective... can you say how much it can decrease the water temperature (and for what size tank)?

sorry , but I personally didn´t tried it, cause I have an air conditioned, I´ve bought it before, a friend of mine told me about this home made chiller, I think it might work.
Sorry I´ve read what I wrote before and it really seemed like I use one. But I going to check it out better , or build one and than I will tell everyone, about it.

I have no idea what a Refridgerator arch is. Could you draw a picture of this chiller idea for me, Joao? Would really appreciate it, I am willing to try it. Thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back