Axi Ornament Searching

P

pamela

Hi guys, been searching for an ornament to sit on my Franks new tank. Seen this,
http://home.comcast.net/~tonyhochstetler/id62.htm but wow , what a price. Anyone came across any ornaments?
38133.jpg

WOW! That's beautiful! I love it! You know Pamela, you could make one of those easily! What you do, is you make it out of this metal clay stuff that you bake in the oven, and then paint on luquid silver or pewter. actually, I think the inside is made of pewter..hmmm I can't remember which it is. I'm goign to have to look into this. Something like that would be really easy to make! I made somethign like that in my sculpture class in highschool, except it wasn't an Axolotl, it was a naked woman, and I didn't use anything for the inside. We used melted pewter. I also made a dolphin. I'm goign to look into this. I think Making Axolotl sculptures would be fun! And I could sell them for a lot cheaper too!

As soon As I find the time, I'm gong to make an Axolotl statue with the supplies I mentioned. I will post pictures too, but It will take a long time to even start on it because i have a million other prodjects and an important novel at hand, so everyone expect to see one of mine posted here... In the next year lol
lol.gif

Hey Rheann, If you manage to get the time and produce an axi sculpture, put me down for one. I love it. I have made a guinea pig out of drying clay, but theres not much shape to a guinea. i think i would struggle with an axi. Lol
Do you know if mud puppy is a genuine name for an axi?
Pam

Hi Pamela
happy.gif
mudpuppy isn't a name for an Axolotl. A mudpuppy is something completly different as I actually had one for a while. He died though
sad.gif
They artist of the sculptor probibly just wanted the sculpture to have a cute name, as a lot of sculpture artists will give interesting names to their pieces. If you want of of the scultpures, I will make you one
happy.gif
I have to get my first book at the most half way finished and the artwork as well, and then i will start on it. in the meant time I will do some research to find the best materials to use. Either way, it will get done as I promised my self I would make one. Maybe I can mass produce them. If anyone else wants one let me know! I can do this, it will get done, and it wont be expensive. I just need to make sure I have good materials first and work out a cheap price

I was thinking that I could make Axolotl pendants as also a possibility. I want one for my self, then people would go, "What's that, some sort of Dragon?" and I would say, "No, Axolotl" and recieve a confused look followed by more questions lol.

Hi Rheann, you sound a very talented person. Whats your novel, if you dont mind me asking.
I think the pending is a good thing. i love it when people are confused about our axies. i sent a pic tonight to my friend, she replied aww hes lovely but what is he lol.

Rheann, is it solid or hollow on the inside? I;m thinking postage weights here. Can you make a master sculpture and then do copies of it? I'll have one
blob.gif

You sure do sound as if you have a lot on your plate now.

My story is fantasy based, Dragons, etc. I have had the ideas swimming in my head since I was 13 and Now I'm 21. I hope to get it published soon there will be three books in the whole set. I am working on the first one right now, it's nearly halfway done as I still have loads, months of work still left on it. When I get a website up, i'll let everyone know what the URL is. The picture here is of a dragon in my story that I drew on the computer. it is far from finished, but I thought I should share.
38247.jpg
Enjoy ^_^ but please no one take my image and try to duplicate it. My work is copywrited and I work very hard. There are also lots of Axolotl like creaturs in my story, of course called Axolotls but they look different and are land based. I haven't got any drawn on the computer, but I do in my sketch book and of course I plan to post them just as soon as I get a scanner lol.

Rheann, ever thought of being a tattooist?? I reckon you'd be wicked at that.

Thank you Anne
happy.gif
I was offered by several people to buy pieces off from me to sell as tattoo prints, but I never sold any. I have sold pieces of artwork though
happy.gif
I love art.

Wow , Rehann . Its amazing. Hope you do well with your book, you might be the new JK Rowling
happy.gif

Thanks so much, Pamela! I love Harry Potter! Love it love it love
happy.gif
what a lovely compliment, that really made my day
happy.gif

Put me down in your order for a sculpture please!
I'm sure you wont have any problem selling them to Axie fans.
That one is totally awesome, shame about the pricetag, but it really would look the part sitting on top of the tank!

lol Justin. I am currently working on several different huge prodjects, mainly books and comics that I am writing, I want to do this sculpture prodject so bad! I actually tried I think about maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago to make a small sculpture of an Axolotl out of some regular clay that bakes in the oven, but i never got around to finishing it, just so much stuff to do. I have my heart set on this, I will get it done eventually, and if anyone else wants one, let me know, but I have to find the time to do them
happy.gif
Here is a piece that I was working on. Hope everyone likes it. I colored it in Window's pain since i don't have Paint shop or Adobe yet. I'm working on that too! Lol
40318.jpg
They are characters from my book <((^_^))>

This is a rubbish picture, but this is my ceramic axolotl that I made at my pottery class.

40327.jpg

Laura

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back