Smells....

E

eric

Newby question..... do axies smell? I mean I've had goldfish that were kinda on the smelly side.... are axie tanks pugnant at all?

I think it's the bacteria that lives in the tanks of aquariums that make it smell, could be wrong here. I think it is the same with all tanks. The bacteria is good bacteria that helps the tank thrive. It also might be caused just from waste. Hope others can help you if I am not giving the right answers
happy.gif

you know what smells those salmon pellets they kill me i hide them under newspapers hehe

My tanks always smell, I think it is normal. Can only smell them if you go right up to them and and sniff above the water though.

mine doesn't smell bad. Mine is the same as Natasha though. i have to put my nose almost in the water to be able to smell anything. if an axie tank was smelly then id say it was down to waste in the water too like Rheann said.

I think that about clears it up for me. I just knew from the toads I used to keep that amphibians can sometimes really wreak. My nose isn't all that good for earthy smells - I can barely even smell milldew - but my roommate can smell milldew and mold the moment he opens the door so I want to keep smells to a minimum. If its just a mild veggie/water smell above the water that shouldn't be a problem in my room. Thanks guys. I think that's my last big question.... I guess I'm gonna go out and find a 55 gallon aquarium base / aquarium and start getting it cycled.

My tank doesn't smell too bad either. However, if a worm manages to not get eaten and drowns, then a few days later the smell in my tank is awful.

I think they can be a bit pungent--its a unique smell--like worms and wet skin all mixed together--and yes my tank is clean. Then again, just one or two of those decaying turtle stix pellets hidden somewhere is a kind of sick smell too. Awaiting pellets in mail from Indiana.....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back