Partners?

thomas

Reaction score
Display Name
newton
do axies like company? ive been considering getting another one for prancing peanut but im not sure, she often looks bored and lonely. thanks to this site i realised gravel was bad too and refilled the tank with pebbles all larger than a 50 cent piece, i hope she likes it but it means the floor is a little unbalanced and rocky, no sharp points tho, wld it get slipperfy for them?at my local pet shop i saw the best axie babies, some were no joking fluro yellow, brighter than a highlighter, i want to get one but wld it gt along with my pp cos mine is a big girl now

Hi Thomas
happy.gif
Yes, Axies do just fine with other compony. I my self have three. It is ok to have more than one if you have the space for it. I have a 20 gallon tank right now. I will be upgrading to a 30 gal long tank in the future, probably when we move which we are currently looking into. I am also trying to aquire some more Axies. I also have a 10 gallon tank that doesn't currently house anything. Those bright yellow Axies sound beautiful! You should deffenetly get one if you have the room for it
happy.gif
Also, if the yellow ones are smaller than PP, then you can keep the little one in a container with daily water changes until it is big enough to put in the tank with PP. The smaller ones tend to be a bit nippy. I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! lots of people on this site are very helfpul and quick to lend advice
happy.gif

thanks rheann, i was browsing thru the site and ur drawings are awesome, yeah ive been thinking of gettingthe fluro axie, i think pp would love it, she is very playful at times, i cannot believe how quickly she is growing tho. axies are the most amazing creatures! my tank is big enough for three i think about 35 - 40 gallons i think, not sure tho. u shld see pp, i need to post pics but i only have them on my phone atm, she has a little beauty spot or her face (either that or a mole) i shld have called her cindy!

Thanks for your comments about my artwork
happy.gif
I love drawing Axies. Hey, if you want to email me the pics of your girl from your phone if you can, I'll edit them and post them for you. I have no idea if you can do that from a phone lol. If you have about a 35 gallon tank, around 40 gallons, I would say that is big enough for three, even big enough for four or five I would think
happy.gif
I wish my camera could take better pics of my Axies, they always come out blurry. I can also take movies of them, but it will have to wait until I can put them in the tank
happy.gif
They are in buckets right now waiting for the weather to cool down, because it has been 106 degrees F here in Sacramento. If I tried putting them in now, i would have a nearly impossible time keeping the water cool even with frozen water bottles.

ok for sure rheann, ill do some sussing out and see if i can somehow get them to u! its pretty cold here atm! down in adelaide australia!

Lucky! I wish it was cold here, I love cold weather, I hate how hot it is here! I'll wait for the pics. I'll be up all night, so if you send them in the next hour or two, I'll get them up right away.

Just send them when you're ready. My finger figure slipped and it was a premature post lol.

Just to point something out, axolotls can't 'look bored or lonely'. That's anthropomorphism, giving human traits to non-human creatures. Axolotls probably don't have higher thinking or emotions like humans, or even dogs. They probably live on instinctual cues: eating, resting, mating, not much else.

lol Hey Joan, I believe in the oposite
happy.gif
I believe that animals are more proned and advanced to emotions than humans are and that humans are using emotions very primitivly compared to the animals, thus I believe this is why animals have no war or hate, or no hate for the most part, because they are advanced. Strange huh? I also believe that all animals are on the same telepathic wave length because of this, and humans will never reach that unless they give up material positions, war, hate, and crime and various other things. Just in my opinion
happy.gif

He Thomas, just send the pictures anytime today, i will edit them and post them for you. I can't wait to see pictures of Prancing Peanut
happy.gif

haha sorry it is taking so long, my little bro bought a cam so i will post them tonight

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back