Online stores

N

nathan

just getting opinions on the best online store that deals in wa (western australia)

thanx in advance

thank you very much for that info natasha but just a question does it end up cheaper when you buy it from the pet shop or cheaper when you order it from the internet and get it delivered?

Oh boy heaps cheaper online!!

As an example my goldfish filter media sells for $4.95 for a sponge at pet city and $7.95 for the carbon bag, they are around $2.20 each online it is absolutely crazy. The only thing I buy from the shops now is frozen and live foods.

I have used the aquaticlifeaquariums.com and they are good for prices - 10% discount if you register. Postage was around $10.00 I think, for a heater and an internal filter and I think it still worked out cheaper than buying from a shop. (heater for a tropical tank, not axies)

bigalsonline.com is also a very good store
happy.gif
It was suggested to me at this site
happy.gif
I ordered some black Aquarium Silicone. IT came with in a week of me ordering it and the shipping was reasonible. I like ordering things online, it's fun! I worry though if the places sometimes will be honest with my card number though ^ . ^;;; but it really is fun! bigalsonline has a lot of nice stuff too.

Big Al's Aquarium and Tropical Fish Supply doesn't ship to Australia.

Yes, with postage still heaps cheaper. It depends what you are after as to which is better. I use equarium for all my decorative things and the other for all my filter parts, check valves, pumps etc. I order from both usually at the same time and with both lots of postage combined they are cheaper then the stores around here where I live. (As long as you order more than one thing). I usually stock up on filter sponges etc about once a quarter.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back