Male, female? how to tell?

R

rheann

I think my axolotl that i currently have is a boy, because he is thin fat like a male rather than just fat like a female, and he has a big buldge for his bits, but I don't know for sure if it is a male or a female, I thought for sure its a boy, but now again, I am starting to wonder.
sick.gif
He has white toes also, and he's around 6 inches long. Can anyone tell me where I can find some pictures of male and female axolotls bits so I can tell for sure, or can people post some pictures here on my thread of their axies bits so I can tell? I don't know if I will be getting male or female when My axies come, as they are only Juvis. Thanks guys, sorry for so many posts.

Im pretty baffled as well. Mine has a lump but am not sure if that means he's a girl or a boy as it looks like both have a lump. And I have nothing to compare mine to if he is fat or has a female belly.

Ive now renamed my Chuck to Chuckles just in case he is really a she.

Boys get lumps, girls have no lump.

Lump
37462.jpg

I don't have any pics of my female's cloaca, sorry.

Thanks Natalie,
Thanks Joan for the lovely pic, that's about what my guys lump looks like, so Guess Mr. Nibbles really is, Mr. Nibbles
lol.gif

I appreciate you going through the trouble of getting a pic for me, it helped a lot! Look forward to getting my new little friends!
happy.gif

Hmm... I hope my axies would be boys... well actually, does boys fight a whole lot more than females?

Lol, No. I used to have a really aggressive female golden, she always used to tear up poor Quetzal. She died of an oedema ages ago.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back