Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Frozen Food Question

G

grant

Ok I have this mini fridge that I keep all my animal food in. I had some frozen brine shrimp and some frozen bloodworms. But I had to put them in the mini fridge because I cannot keep them in my freezer now. I don't use them that often but If I freeze them again in like a couple weeks will they be bad and you can't feed them or what? They are pretty cold right now. But just above freezing. Should I just throw them out or keep them for freezing later?

B

brian

They will only be good for a few days, then they will have to be thrown out. They need to be frozen in the long term, and re-freezing them now would be bad.

G

grant

Yea I already threw them out, I don't feed it to my axie anyways. I tried feeding him it a while ago and he didn't eat it. I just use it to some of my fish.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1