Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotls are so cool!

andrew

Reaction score
Okay, so i think my axies have really adjusted to there new enviorment well, and they are being so playfull, and will come up and look at me when i watch them, so cool... Anyway thats about all thats going right for me right now... I have had the worst couple of days ever. First my car broke down, $360 and 2 new pistons later (grrr...) it runs again, then I got laid off at work. This one really hurts as i have people expecting money from me and I hate to make people wait. But im selling things to get my people that I owe money to there money... Then one of my gecko's died, Earl Ugene, he had been sick for a while and the vet said he might die, Now i come home and my favorite angel fish, Steve, has died for no apparent reason. ARGGG!! Does god hate me? I can get thru this.
Sorry i just needed someone to rant to for awhile
ANdrew

A

anne-marie

Andrew, it must be in the hands of the cosmos. I just had to give up my beautiful moray eel because he would have grown too big. My dog is at the vets with suspected pancreatitis - upwards of $300 later.
And, I'm failing chemistry. Buddy, you're not alone!

andrew

Reaction score
I just do. Just something i know.. You know, but i dont really want to descuss that here lol. Man, having steve *the angelfish* die has really put me in a sad mood. A freind gave him to me before he went away for a few years.... Ehhh....

S

sharon

That is a bummer of a week.. we could share sob stories over drinks! Mine was rough too. You have my sympathy hun!

Sharon

J

joan

We all have our bad weeks. Just remember that they do get better. My best wishes to you.

andrew

Reaction score
Yeah, my biggest priority (other than finding a new job) is getting michael paid for my axolotls because he has been great and I feel so much like a bum. So as soon as i get him that money i will sleep better at night (assuming i have somewhere to go home to sleep lol) Well thanks for listening guys... On the other side of things my axies are very very playfull its great. And most of there legs are almost back, one has one leg growing down and one starting to go up... (on the same spot) kinda cool, but it worries me... Anyway Wish me luck!
Andrew

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1