Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Stupid laws in California. Its totally true! and so funny!

R

rheann

California
In California, it is illegal to posses bear gall bladders.
In California, it is illegal to trip horses for entertainment.
In Blythe, California, a person must own two cows in order to legally wear cowboy boots in public.
In Los Angeles, a man is legally entitled to beat his wife with a leather belt or strap, but the belt can't be wider than 2 inches, unless he has his wife's consent to beat her with a wider strap. (Loony Laws" by Robert Pelton)
It is illegal to set a mousetrap without a hunting license.
Community leaders passed an ordinance that makes it illegal for anyone to try and stop a child from playfully jumping over puddles of water.
In L.A. it is against the law to complain through the mail that a hotel has cockroaches, even if it is true.
It is illegal to drive more than two thousand sheep down Hollywood Blvd. at one time.
It is illegal to whistle for a lost canary before 7 am in Berkeley, CA.
San Francisco is said to be the only city in the nation to have ordinances guaranteeing sunshine to the masses.
In Cupertino, California, it is illegal to count backwards audibly in hexadecimal.
The good burghers of Redwood City have outlawed the frying of gravy.
In Santa Clara, it is forbidden to dedicate parking spaces to the patron saint of television.
Prostitutes in San Francisco are not obliged to make change for bills larger than $50.
The city of Mountain View proscribes calling pet fish by "names of aggressive content, e.g. 'Biter', 'Killer', 'Sugar-Ray'"
Bicycles may not be ridden without "appropriate fashion accessories" anywhere in Santa Clara County (de facto law).
It is illegal to skateboard on walls "or other vertical surfaces" in Palo Alto.
Wearing a sweatshirt inside-out is deemed a "threatening misdemeanor" in Half-Moon Bay.
In 1930, the City Council of Ontario (California) passed an ordinance forbidding roosters to crow within the city limits.
In Los Angeles, you cannot bathe two babies in the same tub at the same time. (Loony Laws" by Robert Pelton)
In California, animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship. (Loony Laws" by Robert Pelton)
Peeling an orange in your hotel room is banned in California (Legal Lunacy)
Los Angeles "Daily News": Have you ever had the urge to rip the tag from a pillow or mattress, despite the warning of dire penalties? Well, it's perfectly legal now, if you live in Colorado. Governor Roy Romer formalized the law by gleefully tearing a label from a pillow at his office. "I've been worrying about the mattress inspector jumping through the window for years," he said.
these are some of the funniest laws I have ever read. I found them while searching the net, looking for stupid laws in states. Also, In Montana, my home state, people apparently can still be hung for horse thieving! My Gosh, this country is falling apart! No Axolotls and other animals are banned from California. It's run by crazies
ufo.gif
just thought I'd give everyone a good laugh
happy.gif

S

sharn

Hell yeah! ok any of you out there trip over horses or fun!? how are you supposed to stop animals from mating 'hey you... cat... stop that, your not allowed'. id like to know the people that skate on vertical surfaces!! any one out there been arrested for not owning two cows and wearing cow boy boots? sheesh people make up the stupidest laws... its just like having disabled parking outside a skate boarding rink. have you ever seen a dude in a wheelchair STANDING on a skateboard? well i had a good laugh. damn humans can be stupid sometimes!

R

rheann

yes, I agree, and I am still miffed over the whole idea I can't get an Axolotl! grrrr....... I want my Axolotls, darn it! California and many other states have the dumbest, cruelest laws! People, come on now!

S

sharon

Remember CA is the same state that won't allow ferrets 'cause they might escape & breed $ begin to colonize and indanger the non native parrots that are colonizing in the cities.. go figure...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!