Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

So then what am I going to do?? Kinda aggrivated here....

R

rheann

Well, I guess I can't get an Axolotl outside the state, which I think is pretty stupid, and it really aggrivates me, since I already spent over $200 just getting my tank set up, and everything accounted for, except the Axolotl! Since it's illegal for Axolotls to be in California, I don't understand why some pet shops here are selling any! They probably don't even know what I am talking about, and this whole thing really seems unfare. These are the names of pet stores that said they will order them for me:

Capital Aquarium, Sacramento California
Incredible Pets, Sacramento California
and everyone else seemed to think that water dogs were illegal, not Axolotls, and weren't selling Axolotls, even though they're the same thing! For the first time during this whole time, i am really aggrivated. Well, I'm not going to give up, and if anyone can still recommend a breeder here in California, i would really appreciate it. i am not quite convinced of this whole matter. I think I'll call the fish and game department tomorrow. I looked up there number, and hopefully they can straighten this whole matter out for me, before my husband schoulds me for spending money on something that I wont be able to own. Sheesh......
sad.gif

J

joan

Go to the petshop and get some. Waterdogs and axolotls are NOT the same thing. Waterdogs are larval tiger salamanders. Drain your tank, get something else. There are lots of cool salamanders out there. The thing about them being illegal, it's probably not enforced, and that's why axolotls are still being sold in pet shops. Most pet shops don't know their *ahem* from their elbow. I wouldn't make a huge fuss about it, and quietly go and get a few axolotls. Then don't go blabbing on in professional circles how you have axolotls and you live in california.

R

rheann

sorry, i meant to say they aren't the same thing, my bad! I was so miffy I wasn't paying attention to my typing. (bangs head in corner)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!