Green axies

cody

Reaction score
Display Name
Zoe Naughten
This colour is pretty cool too how often do you come across green axies? And does anyone know what type of plants axies like most.An is it this normal to be so obsessed with your walking fish

Can't say I've ever seen a green axolotl in all my pet store visits in Perth, WA. My tank, which does not have any lighting, needs low light tolerant plants, so I have Anubias (i think they're called). Big broad leaves on 'em. And obsession with axies means you get all the info on 'em you need, so that is good
smile.gif

Ive only seen a few green ones in the gallery an i gave up smoking a while ago so now i sit there at 3:30 in the morning feeding my walkn fish how many axies would be suitable in a 5 foot tank thats about 18"wide an 30 high its pretty big

I'd think somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-7 adults in a tank that size. As for plants, you need ones that are more tolerant of cool water and the rough treatment animals that size can give them. Anubias are good, hardy plants that would be suitable. I'd also suggest hornwort and bacopa, and me always favourite, Hygrophilia difformis.

I grow vallisneria in my tanks, very tough reedy plant. The only plant to still be alive and not in millions of tiny pieces floating around the tank.

I've found that silk plants grow very well in my tank. They also dont get shredded to pieces. I have had a lot of success with hornwort though. I tried Elodea in one of my fish tanks, but it didn't turn out so well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back