Silly axy!

A

amy

The other day i bought a new ornament for Sams tank. It's an urn which has holes in it and is all cracked and it lies on it's side in the gravel. The holes are all large enough for Sam to fit through easily, except for the handles - or so i thought. I figured he wouldnt be silly enough to try and squeeze through, but i was wrong. All day today he was looking at the hole and sitting his head through it, it seemed like he was contemplating whether or not he could get through. He must have figured he was up for it because this afternoon my Mum caught him squeezing his way through. He managed to get all the way through without any harm. Mum said he looked very accomplished!
What silly things have you caught your axy doing?

HA cute! mine used to try and push his head between the filter and the glass, he looked very very squashed in there but he seemed to get out alright. demetrious and lucian have a bell that has a hole down the bottom and up the top, i normally catch demetrious with his feet over lucians eyes and his head stuck out the top hole, ahhhh its so cute!!! theyre such funny little things

Man both your axies must have been pretty squashed! well, mine doesnt relly squash itself but sometimes at night it lifts up the filter with th tip of its mouth and sleeps under there!

You may have seen the pictures of my new tank in the axie gallery under 'At last its done!

in the centre of the picture there is a log type thing, big enough for one axie... sometimes I catch 2 of them in there, which I have to say is quite a squeeze, but coming home last night I found all 3 of the daft buggers squashed in there!

There are also MANY time when I catch them all head down in the hole behind the rock on the left

i have a pretend shark that is like a magnet and goes in the tank and is half in and half out the tank and my axie stays still at the side of it he must think he is a shark also he tried to bite my cats tail but failed and hit his head on the glass lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back