Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Please Help Hong Kong People to buy the Axolotls (LOCKED)

A

arthur

Hi all Axolotls master:
I'm come from hong kong, and love axolotls so so so so......much, and i have finding it for a long long long time at hong kong and taiwan aquashop, and still can't find it.

Now i bold to ask of this forum, want someone can help me to reach my dream.

The seller can make the price higher, and DHL to hong kong, all the payment should pay by me and i can transfer to money to the seller account first.

I want to find 2 axolotls, 1 male & 1 female, less than 10cm, and the first choice of the color is white, and the second choice is gold.
two axolotls can difference color.

If anyone have interest on it, please send mail to farfarprince@yahoo.com.hk.

Please help... and think it seriously.
i'm not kidding.
Anyway, thanks a lot~

A

arthur

please~ please~ help me~
i really want to have axolots~
yawn.gif

B

brett

Are you seriously thinking of buying axys from memebers of this board who will put them in a box and into the back of a DHL van and onto a plane to be shipped to HK - get real.
I would call that being totally irresponsable.

D

denise

maybe you could advise arthur on what he should do and how to do it instead of being critical about it. everybody has to learn how to care for an axie including you unless you were born with this knowledge, give the guy a break and good luck arthur with your search. aren't fish shipped to different countries. i know one shop in cairns that ships huge barrier reef fish to china, hong kong and europe, if arthur is willing to pay for this and the shipper has the know how then let it be his choice.

L

leah

I agree. The only irresponsible thing would be for the seller to ship their animals off to someone they know nothing about... I don't know what permits are required for international shipping Arthur- it may be very difficult for you to find someone who's able to ship to Hong Kong. Are there any Reptile and Amphibian clubs near you that might be able to help? Zoos?

B

brett

Denise, yes fish are shipped overseas, and most die. FACT. And if you go to your local pet shop to buy an aqauatic animal that has been shipped half way round the world, dont buy it, cos if you do you're encouraging the practice. Its cruel and unnecessary. If HK dont have Axys - too bad. At the very least, if he MUST import them import them as eggs/fry, not because he loves themm so so so much how pathtic is that?

K

kim

Brett,

I agree with Leah & Denise. You are too critical of people that dont know as much as your self, and ive noticed this in previous posts.. You must have had to learn about animals and pets at some point and this is what Arthur is doing.. Just because he is trying to find out where to get some from what is wrong with that? There is no need for yuour comments.

Aurther,

I am very surprized you cannot find any in Hong Kong. I believe from reading articles on the internet that axolotls are a delecasys over there. Unforunatly, i ont know of anyone that will be able to help.. Your best bet would be to contact an aquatic dealer of some kind.. they may be able to point you in the right direction.. Good Luck!
delacasy

B

brett

No he's asking for people to ship them in a dhl van & overseas. re-read the post, as you say they are a delicacy, as is just about anything else with a pulse over there!

K

kyle

Brett, thats incredibly out of line for you to say. Why not ask questions of Arthur before you jump off on him. Find out more information about his intentions. So what if you are right about him, you wont know for sure until you ask. For all any of us know he really wants to try and keep them as pets. Obviously his English is not perfect (but it is quite good really) and he may have trouble saying exactly what he wants to say.

P

pin-pin

Locked. When giving advice, even for topics that you personally find offensive, stupid, unsexy, etc., please keep a tone of formality.

Make newt love, not war.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1